[Insight-users] about the number of the control points of the Cubic BSpline

Bing Jian bjian at cise.ufl.edu
Sun Jul 18 18:37:28 EDT 2004

think about following case:
   Suppose your image is a single patch, i.e. it is not
partitioned at all, then you need a 3*3 board to cover
the image, where the image exactly lies in the center
block of the 3*3 board. Therefore the number of control
points should be 4*4, please see below:

        1    2    3
      *   *     *   *
  1
  2         Img
  3

  the control points are represented by "*"s.

--
Best wishes,
Bing Jian
bjian at cise.ufl.edu