[Insight-users] about the number of the control points of the Cubic BSpline

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Sat Jul 17 23:04:34 EDT 2004

Hi ITKUsers,

I do not fully understand the meaning of the following sentences about  the number of the control points of BSpline.

//  Since we are using a BSpline of order 3, the coverage of the BSpling grid
//  should exceed by one the spatial extent of the image on the lower region of
//  image indices, and by two grid points on the upper region of image indices.

In my opinion, if the internal grid can just cover the full image, we only need exceed by one grid instead of two on the upper region of image indices.

Hope your confirmation!

Regards,

Yixun Liu