[Insight-users] about extracting the surface from 3D MRI

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 15 10:39:54 EDT 2004

Hi Yixun,

Yes, the method that you suggest is certainly
feasible.  You can convert vtkPolyData into
an itk::Mesh. For that purpose you may find
useful to look at the examples in the directory

   InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/

in particular to the files

           vtkPolyDataToITKMesh.cxx
           vtk2itk.cxx
           vtk2itkDouble.cxx

The first example was added recently, so you
may have to update your CVS checkout in order
to get the file.