[Insight-users] Re: Question about RGB image segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 14 13:06:20 EDT 2004

Hi James,

ITK provides filters for performing Level Sets
segmentations on RGB data. There are also
Region Growing filters for RGB data.

In fact, the images on the cover of the ITK Software
Guide were generated from the RGB dataset of the
Visible Woman. In the first pages of the book you
will find a description of the filters used.

In particular

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VectorThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.html

Note that these filters are not limited to RGB data,
they can be used for any multi-component datasets.