[Insight-users] Registration mixed channel view

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 7 21:48:45 EDT 2004

Hi Ying

You may want to try the ImageMagick tools that are available
for almost all platforms.

                http://www.imagemagick.org/

In particular you want to use the "composite" command line tool.

     http://www.imagemagick.org/www/composite.html

and / or the "compare" tool.

    http://www.imagemagick.org/www/compare.html

For image visualization you can use the "display" tool

    http://www.imagemagick.org/www/display.html

You can also use ITK ImageAdaptors in order to build the
RGB composite image yourself. You will find instructions
on the use of ImageAdaptors in the SoftwareGuide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Another alternative is to use the BinaryFunctorImageFilter
and simply create your "composite function" in order to
define how do you want to color-encode both images.
For an example on the use of the BinaryFunctorImageFilter,
please look at the source code of the  AndImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AndImageFilter.html

--

You will also find interesting to try the applications

   InsightApplications/
       LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration

which already does mixed channel visualization of the
images before and after registration.