[Insight-users] Installation Problems

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 6 20:52:40 EDT 2004

Hi Jacob,

You are probably breaking the record
of using ITK in the coldest place      :-)

--

About your compilation problem,

the "vcl_abs" symbol should be defined for your
platform in the directory:

   Insight/Utilities/vxl/vcl/sgi/vcl_cmath.h

an explicit definition of vcl_abs(double) is
available in line 147 of that file.

Since the compiler is complaining from the
absence of such definition, that leads to suspect
that your compiler is not being identified as
an SGI compiler, but probably as some generic
compiler.

This may come from the moment you ran CMake on
your system.

Please make sure that the environment variables

                 CC   and   CXX

are pointing to the C and C++ MIPSpro compilers,
and check that the compilers are actually located
in the place indicated by these variables.

If you still have problems, please post to the
list the content of your CC and CXX environment
variables and the following files that CMake
generates in your binary directory

          - CMakeCache.txt
          - CMakeError.log
          - CMakeOutput.log