[Insight-users] LoG in ITK (

Kai Li likai at cs.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 6 19:37:10 EDT 2004

Hi,
  I have a question about the calculating Laplacian-Of-Gaussian in ITK.
I know I can use LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter to compute the
Laplacian-Of-Gaussian. I also found there are such classes as
GaussianOperator( used to implement DiscreteGaussianImageFilter) and
LaplacianOperator( used to implement LaplacianImageFilter).
What I'd like to ask is whether the following two ways of computing
Laplacian-Of-Gaussian are equivament:

1) Use LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter( with sigma = S).
2) Use GaussianOperator(with variance = S^2) followed by
LaplacianOperator.

Also, is there a Laplacian-Of-Gaussian operator in ITK? If not, how hard
is it to implement one?

Thanks,
Kai