[Insight-users] Model to Image Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 6 20:18:09 EDT 2004

Hi Neilson,

Yes,

ITK has PointSetToImage registration methods.

Please look at the classes:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NormalizedCorrelationPointSetToImageMetric.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MeanSquaresPointSetToImageMetric.html

and the framework

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1PointSetToImageRegistrationMethod.html

The rest of registration components are shared with
the ImageToImage registration framework, that is,
the optimizers, interpolators and transforms.

SpatialObject could also be used for this purpose if what
you have is a synthetic geometrical model of the anatomical
structure.  However, if you already have a PointSet, then
the classes above are the more direct path.

You will find useful to look at the tests:

Insight/Testing/Code/Algoritms/
       itkMeanSquaresPointSetToImageMetricTest.cxx
       itkNormalizedCorrelationPointSetToImageMetricTest.cxx
       itkPointSetToImageRegistrationTest_1.cxx

   Please let us know if you have further questions,