[Insight-users] Gaussian of masked images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 2 17:06:42 EDT 2004

Hi Kai,

If you are using large Gaussians you will find more
efficient to use the LaplacianRecursiveGaussian filter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.html

This filter internally uses IIR filters and therefore
its computation time is independent of the size of your
sigma.

You will find examples on the use of this filter in the
files

   Insight/Examples/Filtering/
        LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter1.cxx
        LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter2.cxx
        ScaleSpaceGenerator2D.cxx