[Insight-users] Gaussian of masked images

Kai Li likai at cs.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:58:45 EDT 2004

Hi,
  I'm in a situation where Laplacian of Gaussian(LoG) of masked images has
to be computed. I'm wondering if ITK has already provided something to
archieve this.

  The method that I can come up with at this point is to use a
Difference-Of-Gaussian operator that can compute the Gaussian derivatives
for each pixel and mask the kernel of the operator dynamically for each pixel.
This method seems OK but not efficient for the computation in large
scale(sigma).

  Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Kai