[Insight-users] how to reduce the run time of ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 27 08:58:12 EST 2004

Hi Yixun,

We will need you to provide the following information,
in order to be able to give you any useful advice:

 1) What operating system and compiler are you using ?
 2) What specific registration algorithm did you used ?
 3) What time did it take you to register the images ?
 4) What is the size (in pixels) of your images ?

The first thing that you should try in general is to select

          CMAKE_BUILT_TYPE = Release

both when you configure ITK and when you configure your
application.

Please let us know about the registration method that you
used, since the options for speeding up are method-dependent.