[Insight-users] problems with ITK + MFC + CMAKE + RATIONAL ROSE

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 17:17:07 EST 2004

dear all,

I developed an image segmentation project using ITK. I used MFC with VC++ 6.0 for the GUI. I compiled my project with CMAKE and it all works fine. But i want to use Rational Rose to do some Software redesign using its case tools. But when i generated the class model in rational rose for the project i was surprised to see that none of my MFC classes were shown. I found one reason for this:

when i link ITK with MFC as described from the mailing lists, i found it wierd that none of the MFC classes would be displayed in the class view of the VC++ project workspace window. I tried to tweak the VC++ project files for this but i cant figure out from which tags the VC++ IDE generates the clas view.

My CMakeList is as follows:

PROJECT( FatDetection )
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-D_AFXDLL)
SET(CMAKE_MFC_FLAG 6)
#
#  Define the list of source files
#
SET(APPLICATION_SOURCES
   GlobalMahalanobisImageFilter.txx
   GlobalMahalanobisImageFilter.h
   GlobalMahalanobisImageFilter2.txx
   GlobalMahalanobisImageFilter2.h
   Functions.cxx
   HeaderFiles.H
   StdAfx.cpp
   FatDetection.cpp
   FatDetection.rc
   FatDetectionDoc.cpp
   MainFrm.cpp
   FatDetectionView.cpp
   ITKImageView.cpp
   ST_SplitterWnd.CPP
   ReportPage.cpp
   VolumeInspectionPage.cpp
   VolumeAnalysisPage.cpp
   AbdomenalanalysisPage.cpp
   SelectOperationModeSheet.cpp
   FatDetectionOpSheetView.cpp
   SelectAnalysisModeSheet.cpp
   CardiacAnalysisPage.cpp
   CardiacAnalysisSliceView.cpp
   DirDialog.cpp
   AbdomenSelectorView.cpp
  )
IF(WIN32)
  LINK_LIBRARIES(
    wsock32
  )
ENDIF(WIN32)

FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
           "Cannot build without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
${GlobalMahalanobisTest_SOURCE_DIR}
"C:\\MATLAB7\\extern\\include"
)

LINK_DIRECTORIES("C:\\MATLAB7\\extern\\lib\\win32\\microsoft\\msvc70")
ADD_EXECUTABLE (FatDetection WIN32 ${APPLICATION_SOURCES})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(FatDetection ITKCommon ITKIO ITKNumerics ITKAlgorithms ITKBasicFilters libmx libmat libmex libeng )

Please check this and do tell me if u find a solution for this.

Deepak Roy Chittajallu
cdeepakroy at yahoo.com