[Insight-users] Using automake instead CMake - Dangerous?

Wagner Sales wsalles2003 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Dec 22 11:47:38 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm currently using ITK, Qt, kdelibs and VTK and others on a Linux box.
CMake are the default only in ITK and VTK, and others projects are using
Automake ( unsermake ) to build. Putting all in together ( my project )
I was decided to use choose the build tool Automake, instead of CMake,
and by editing my Makefile.am, I put the includes, libs, etc. To me, in
exception some compile warnings ( deprecated, etc ) that's work pretty
fine. Well, but I'm not the most experienced user of ITK/VTK :) ... Then
I asking by others here: Are dangerous this build approach? Have some
experience with that? And my compile warnings ( some I know how solve,
others not ), have some compiler documentation, more especific: gcc tips
or parameters ( of course, except the --wno-deprecated ;) )?

Thks in advance.

Wagner