[Insight-users] Re: Bug 1056

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Dec 15 10:09:42 EST 2004

Dr. Uwe Köhler wrote:
> Dear Mathieu,
>
> I just installed and compiled GDCM (even got the Doxygen output which normally
> fails for ITK on my system :-), but I got the following compile error when
> compiling ITK 1.8.1 with thwe current CVS GDCM version:
>
> Building object file itkGDCMImageIO.o...
> In file included
> from /usr/local/src/InsightToolkit/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx:20:
> /usr/local/src/InsightToolkit/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.h:96: error: Syntaxfehler
>    before `*' token
> In file included
> from /usr/local/src/InsightToolkit/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx:21:
> /usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:49: error: Syntaxfehler before `*' token
> /usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:55: error: Syntaxfehler before `*' token
> /usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:57: error: ISO C++ forbids defining types within
>    return type
> /usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:57: error: Syntaxfehler before `(' token
> /usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h: In function `void gdcm::SetWriteModeToRaw()':
>
> Not sure what happens and no time to look, I'm afraid.
>
> GDCM looks very useful, I will spend some time on it later.

Uwe,

There is a major difference in between gdcm 0.5 and gdcm cvs. gdcm is
now within its own namespace. The class itk::GDCMImageIO was originally
written with gdcm 0.5 and therefore cannot be used with current gdcm
CVS. Unless you also update those files in your local ITK source tree:

Insight/Code/IO/
                itkGDCMImageIO.cxx
                itkGDCMImageIO.h
                itkGDCMSeriesFileNames.cxx