[Insight-users] Re: Bug 1056

Dr. Uwe Köhler U.Koehler at gmx.de
Wed Dec 15 03:28:21 EST 2004

Dear Mathieu,

I just installed and compiled GDCM (even got the Doxygen output which normally
fails for ITK on my system :-), but I got the following compile error when
compiling ITK 1.8.1 with thwe current CVS GDCM version:

Building object file itkGDCMImageIO.o...
In file included
from /usr/local/src/InsightToolkit/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx:20:
/usr/local/src/InsightToolkit/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.h:96: error: Syntaxfehler
   before `*' token
In file included
from /usr/local/src/InsightToolkit/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx:21:
/usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:49: error: Syntaxfehler before `*' token
/usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:55: error: Syntaxfehler before `*' token
/usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:57: error: ISO C++ forbids defining types within
   return type
/usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h:57: error: Syntaxfehler before `(' token
/usr/local/include/gdcmFile.h: In function `void gdcm::SetWriteModeToRaw()':

Not sure what happens and no time to look, I'm afraid.

GDCM looks very useful, I will spend some time on it later.

Cheers

Uwe

Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2004 00:12 schrieben Sie:
> Uwe,
>
> 	I believe you are righ the tag 0028x0030is really in the form:
> "y_spacing\x_spacing". A lot of dicom viewer only read the first spacing
> assuming the second would be equal.
>
> 	If you have a chance could you give GDCM a try to read your dataset.
>
> Thanks
> Mathieu
>
> Luis Ibanez wrote:
> > Hi Uwe,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your detailed message and for editing
> > the bug in the database.
> >
> > Following your hints, we just added an extra step to the
> > parsing in order to recover the second number in the
> > tag 0028x0030.  We are now searching for the separator
> > and taking the second part of the string.
> >
> > This has been committed to CVS so you can give it a try.
> >
> > We are still unclear regarding the order of the spacing.
> > That is, whether the first value is suppossed to be the
> > spacing in X (PixelSpacing[0]) or the spacing in Y
> > (PixelSpacingg[1])
> >

> > If you have a chance, please give it a try at the CVS
> > version and let us konw what you find.
> >

> >    Thanks
> >

> >       Luis

 |  Dr. Uwe Köhler              MR - Physics                       |
 |                              German Heart Institute Berlin      |
 |                              Augustenburger Platz 1             |
 |                              D - 13353 Berlin                   |
 |          ////                Germany                            |
 |         (@ @)                Phone: +49 172 98 11 598           |
 | <URL:http://www.ed.ac.uk/~ukoehler>   <mailto:UKoehler at dhzb.de> |