[Insight-users] I am confused by the scope resolution operator

#ZHAO ZHEEN# kurtzhao at pmail.ntu.edu.sg
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:59:30 +0800

Hi,

I am confused by the way the scope resolution operator used in ITK.

take an example:

typedefitk::ImageFileReader<ImageType> ReaderType;
ReaderType::Pointer reader=3DReaderType::New();

In the second line, the class name Pointer is behind the scope operator. =

But, from msdn,

class-name :: identifier
namespace :: identifier
,The identifier can be a variable or a function.

in our example, Pointer is not a variable or function, am I right?
or the operator has been overloaded?

Also, ITK:Pointer, what the ITK means? a class name?

I know the problem is realy entry level, but it confuse me much.
would anybody help me?

Merry Christmas!

Regards
Kurt