[Insight-users] ImageRegionType not an Object?

Samson Timoner samson at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:34:48 -0500

In ImageToImageMetric.h, FixedImageRegion uses a SetMacro
rather than a SetObjectMacro:

  /** Set the region over which the metric will be computed */
  itkSetMacro( FixedImageRegion, FixedImageRegionType );

  /** Get the region over which the metric will be computed */
  itkGetConstMacro( FixedImageRegion, FixedImageRegionType );

I would have expected it to use a SetObjectMacro. Every other object around
it in ImageToImageMetric uses a SetObjectMacro.  Is there some reason an
ImageRegionType does not? Are ImageRegionType's not itkObjects?

Admittedly, it makes little different as in itkMacro.h, SetMacro and
SetObjectMacro appear to be identical. But, I do not understand why every
other Get/Set in ItkImageToImageMetric.h using Get/SetObject except that
one.

 Thanks in advance,

 Happy Holidays,

-- Samson