[Insight-users] Re: Images Posted

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:14:10 -0500

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for posting your images in MyPACS.
It was pretty easy to look at them.

I'm confused now if you are using 3D images
like in confocal microscopy or you are just
composing the mosaic of a large image by
stitching the tiles in rows and columns
in a 2D grid. Could you please clarify this ?

 From your last email it looks like you just
need to resample the RGB 2D image...
is that right ?

----

If you want to convert the images from one format
to another you can simply use the ITK example

    Insight/Examples/IO/ImageReadWrite.cxx

you can for example read a PNG image and write it
as Analyze or MetaImage format.

I would suggest you to use MetaImage since the
header is in ascii text and it is easy to read.

Simply execute the program as:

    ImageReadWrite  input.png   output.mhd

That will convert your input PNG image into
a MetaImage format. You can also read JPEG
and TIFF images (if you are using the CVS
version of ITK).

---