WG: [Insight-users] Errors in building ITK under LINUX (SuSE)

hhiraki@lab.nig.ac.jp hhiraki at lab . nig . ac . jp
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:43:23 +0900

Hi salah,

My guess is your gcc 3.1.xxxx compiles a C++ program to link
with its C++ runtime dynamic-library. VXL configure script
checks if a C++ program can be compiled and run. If gcc's C++
runtime is not in the search path, the compiled program isn't
runnable. I could build ITK with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON after
setting the enviroment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
the path where libstdc++.so was installed.

Regards,

Hideaki Hiraki