[Insight-users] WSTITK use too much memory

Wen Jiang wjiang@bcm.tmc.edu
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:50:18 +0000

Luis,
Thanks. But my problem was actually different. Let me make it clearer.
I am new to ITK and just compiled ITK on a laptop running Mandrake 9. I
followed the instructions in
Insight/Applications/SegmentationEditor/README.txt:

2. To run this application:

 cd INSIGHT_SOURCE/Applications/SegmentationEditor/Scripts
 INSIGHT_BUILD/bin/WSTITK Main.tcl

I only saw the widget prompt for the VTK, SegmentationEditror path and
then it seemed stuck without any GUI shown. I did not even had the
chance to specify an input to the SegmentationEditor. Looking at top
display, WSTITK is taking several hundred meg and keep growing and
crashed until it reached about 1.4G. Apparently this is a problem not
related to the watershed algorithm but the compiling/library.
Did I miss anything during compiling VTK/ITK to get this weird problem?

Wen