[ITK-dev] New Highly Parallel Build System, the POWER8

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Apr 22 23:51:07 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

With thanks to Chuck Atkins and FSF France, we have a new build on the
dashboard [1] for the IBM POWER8 [2] system.  This is a PowerPC64
system with 20 cores and 8 threads per core -- a great system where we
can test and improve ITK parallel computing performance!

To generate a test build on Gerrit, add

  request build: power8

in a review's comments.

There are currently some build warnings and test failures that should
be addressed before we will be able to use the system effectively. Any
help here is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

[1] https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=Insight&date=2015-04-22&filtercount=1&showfilters=1&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=gcc112