[ITK-dev] [ITK] Disable HDF5 IO on ITK trunk

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed May 7 00:10:06 EDT 2014

Hi Rashad,

>> Cross compiling Linux for Windows via MXE and handling the HDF5 issue
>> is described here [1].
>

> I was able to cross compile ITK4.6  from Fedora 20. via standard mignw64-*
> packages available in fedora repository. I followed the workaround for HDF5
> mentioned in the wiki page you had given. Build was just fine!
>
> Thanks.

Excellent!

> Though avoid switching to windows machine for every build would be cool.
> Even if that means ITK is built without HDF5

Maybe this could be achieved with WINE?  I have not tried.  Please
share your experiences if you give it a go.

It is also possible to build without the HDF5 module.  See the
resources here [1] and the ITK Software Guide [2] for more
information.

Thanks,
Matt

[1] http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/557