[ITK-dev] [ITK] Disable HDF5 IO on ITK trunk

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon May 5 05:19:44 EDT 2014

Hi Matt,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Matt McCormick
<matt.mccormick at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi Rashad,
>
> Cross compiling Linux for Windows via MXE and handling the HDF5 issue
> is described here [1].

I was able to cross compile ITK4.6  from Fedora 20. via standard mignw64-*
packages available in fedora repository. I followed the workaround for HDF5
mentioned in the wiki page you had given. Build was just fine!

Thanks.

> Please let us know if you have any questions.

Though avoid switching to windows machine for every build would be cool.
Even if that means ITK is built without HDF5

> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> [1]
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Cross_Compiling#In_Linux_Host_for_Windows_Target
>
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Rashad M <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am building ITK4 trunk version with default configuration for MinGW64
> via
> > MXE. MinGW and related packages are installed from fedora 20 repository.
> > had been sucessful building some other libraries but ITK4. The problem
>  is
> > coming from HDF5 which runs an executable during building, which by the
> way
> > is not possible on  a cross compile environment. I dont want to use wine
> > emulator here. So disabling HDF5 and related modules in ITK seems to be a
> > solution.
> >
> > I had seen other discussion about HDF5 and ITK on this list but none of
> them
> > works for me. Is there a way to disable only HDF5 in other than turn off
> > ITK_BUILD_DEFAULT_MODULES. I tried to cmake -DModule_ITKIOHDF5=OFF and
> didnt
> > work.
> >
> > I had also checked the kitware blog about building ITK for raspberry Pi.
> and
> > it helped to get over the configure stage. But I am now stuck with HDF5
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >    Rashad