[Insight-developers] Improve support for VectorImages

Miller, James V (GE Global Research) millerjv at ge.com
Wed May 23 12:02:56 EDT 2012

1pm EDT using the standard ITK tcon line and standard WebEx address should be fine.  I should be able to start the WebEx (at the usual link/meeting number) even though it is not Friday.

TOPIC: NIH Insight Toolkit v4
DATE: Every Friday, from Friday, October 7, 2011 to no end date
TIME: 10:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
MEETING NUMBER: 822 632 567
PASSWORD: insight
TELECONFERENCE: Provide your phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call:
Conference dial-in number: 1-8007289607  (US)
Within the US and Canada: 1-9139049873  (US)
Attendee access code: 681 525 1

Meeting link for people without GE Single Sign On accounts (or from a smartphone):
https://emeetings.webex.com/emeetings/j.php?ED=138191182&UID=482060457&PW=NNzJiNDk1ZGU3&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

Jim

On May 23, 2012, at 8:04 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:

> OK, Let meet this afternoon at 1pm EST.
>
> Jim can you easily get a TCON line with the desktop sharing?
>
> Alternatively, we could try google hangouts, which would still allow anyone to join. Lastly, I could just the use conferencing capabilities ok my phone line to manuall call out to a couple people.
>

> Brad
>
> On May 22, 2012, at 11:55 AM, Kris Zygmunt wrote:
>
>> Tuesday doesn't work for me, but I can meet anytime after 11 am EDT Wednesday.
>> -Kris
>>
>> On May 21, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am hoping that we can improve support for VectorImage in a couple of Adaptors, and Iterators.
>>>
>>> Specifically, I have been trying to get a couple of filters to work with VectorImages, and I have run into some issues with certain iterators returning values by reference and not by value [1]. This is part of the changes that are needed to get the VectorConfidenceConnectedImage filter to work with VectorImages.
>>>
>>> Additionally, Kris has been working to get VectorImages to work with the PatchBasedDenoising. She has a patch on gerrit which demonstrates her need for the ImageRegionConstIterator to work with the VectorImageToImage Adaptor [2]. She has previously shared a patch which may address the interface need, but it WIP  some cast I was not confident were the best approach.
>>>
>>> Lastly, I have been trying to get the GradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter to also work with VectorImages [3]. I have it down to a similar problem with the NthElementImageAdaptor.
>>>

>>> It would be great if these released issues could be wrapped up this week so that these improvements can make it in to ITK and SimpleITK before the next release.
>>>
>>> I would like to propose a little TCON to review the topics, and decide what is the best way to expand the capabilities of the Iterators and Adaptors to better support VectorImages. I would like to propose Tuesday or Wednesday after noon. Please email me if you are available and interested in attending.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Brad
>>>
>>> [1] http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/5295/
>>> [2] http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/5572/1
>>> [3] http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/5842/
>>>

>>> ========================================================
>>> Bradley Lowekamp
>>> Medical Science and Computing for
>>> Office of High Performance Computing and Communications
>>> National Library of Medicine
>>> blowekamp at mail.nih.gov

> Bradley Lowekamp
> Medical Science and Computing for