[Insight-developers] Debian Sid _nrrdRead: sanity check FAILED

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 15 09:12:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have unfortunately looked at many of the other 59 failing tests for the 32-bit Debian sid (unstable) with gcc 4.7.0-12. I say unfortunate because it sounds familiar and like is should be fixable, and should not be punted.

http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2363925

It looks like they are all related to the same problem emitting from the NRRDIO library. Moreover, I recall that we have run into issue with NRRD being rather assertive with what is expects with NAN floating point handing before too. I think I have seen this error before.

And this is a typical error message:

itk::ExceptionObject (0x980deb8)
Location: "unknown"
File: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/ITK-v4-Testing-32-chroot/workspace/MyTests/ITK/Modules/IO/NRRD/src/itkNrrdImageIO.cxx
Line: 257
Description: itk::ERROR: NrrdImageIO(0x980d738): ReadImageInformation: Error reading /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/ITK-v4-Testing-32-chroot/workspace/MyTests/ITK-build/ExternalData/Testing/Data/Input/DwiCorpusCallosum.nhdr:
[nrrd] nrrdLoad: trouble reading "/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/ITK-v4-Testing-32-chroot/workspace/MyTests/ITK-build/ExternalData/Testing/Data/Input/DwiCorpusCallosum.nhdr"
[nrrd] nrrdRead: trouble
[nrrd] _nrrdRead: sanity check FAILED: have to fix and re-compile
[nrrd] nrrdSanity: airSanity() failed: airFPClass(AIR_QNAN,AIR_SNAN) wrong

I am searching my email archive for related messages... I know we have had this issue before on certain platforms.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine