[Insight-developers] boundary faces calculator bug

wanlin wanlinzhu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:48:39 EDT 2012

Hi,
   The current implementation of BoundaryFacesCalculator is based on the
following assumption.

There is an overlap between requestToProcessRegion and nonBounaryRegion of
BufferedRegion.

Hence the first region in the output list is the nonBoundaryRegion in
requestToProcessRegion.

In your test, there is no overlap between requestToProcessRegion and
bufferedRegion since requstToProcessRegion index[Dimension-1] = 1, which
bufferedRegion index[Dimension - 1] = 0, size[Dimension - 1]  = 1, . The
ideal results ought to output 0 regions.

Should we change the implementationso the calculator could deal with any
cases of requestToProcessRegion and BufferedRegion? I am willing to put a
patch.

thanks

wanlin