[Insight-developers] Expected behavior for shared libraries on windows

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Apr 4 10:50:10 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am looking into some linking issues with the Nrrd library related to windows. As I am compiling for windows I am only getting the following dll when shared libaries are turn on:

ITKCommon-4.1.dll
FactoryTestLib.dll
FileFreeTestLib.dll

That is it... nothing else is shared. I recall the third party libraries are suppose to be shared as well. I have often wondered how some of the exporting works with all the modules and no explicit export macro for each module.

Looking through the code the following looks suspicious to me:

https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/CMake/ITKSetStandardCompilerFlags.cmake#L186

This looks like it may be quite a major problem... but hopefully an each fix :)

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine