[Insight-developers] Testing ITK installation components (was: ENH: Enable component-based packaging.)

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Wed Apr 4 10:40:55 EDT 2012

Let move this patch forward first, which will solve slicer's runtime
packaging problem.
Later we need to take a further look at the install rules of some of the
third party libraries
(e.g. kwsys) to make sure the Development-only component package could be
used for building an ITK application.

It would be great to have a nightly dashboard for testing different
components later.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin <
jchris.fillionr at kitware.com> wrote:

> That is great.
>
> If I understand properly, that test make sure the building the install
> target works as expected. In addition to the component based install test
> that you proposed, it would also be great to validate the installed files
> can be successfully used to build a project.
>
> If will also confirm that the installed ITKConfig.cmake behaves as
> expected.
>
> Hth
> Jc
>

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/4/2012 9:11 AM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin (Code Review) wrote:
>> > A last question ... is how this gonna be tested in a systematic
>> > way? Would be great, if a devel package could be generate and
>> > the ITK applications build against it on a nightly basis.
>> > To view, visit http://review.source.kitware.**com/4873<http://review.source.kitware.com/4873>
>>
>> I run a nightly dashboard that builds all the tests as an outside
>> project using an ITK install tree:
>>
>>  http://open.cdash.org/**buildSummary.php?buildid=**2153144<http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2153144>
>>
>> The installation is done by the Install test:
>>
>>  http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.**git;a=tree;f=Utilities/**
>> InstallTest;hb=v4.1.0<http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=tree;f=Utilities/InstallTest;hb=v4.1.0>
>>
>> Currently it just installs everything without specifying any component.
>>
>> A second "InstallComponent" test could be added that installs things
>> using one component at a time.
>>
>> -Brad
>>

> --
> +1 919 869 8849

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124