[Insight-developers] Reducing the number of targets

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Mon Apr 2 11:12:59 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/2012 9:50 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>>
>> consolidate all the Header tests for each module into a single one,
>
>> with multiple cxx files into one executable.
>
> I was about to suggest the same thing.  Alternatively just make the
> header test in each module another source in the test driver executable
> along with all the other tests.  Do they really need to be their own
> separate executable?

They do not need to be their own executable.

Figuring out a way to including add the conditionals on
ITKModuleHeaderTest.cmake:22, and the way to find the number of
dynamically determined .cxx files per module may be more to add the
header test to the module test driver is likely more trouble than it
is worth.  The header tests should be split into separate .cxx files
to have value.  Often one wants to set the MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_HEADERS
variable to 1, to see if there are any hidden header issues.

A simpler solution is to disable the header tests for Visual Studio
10, and Visual Studio 10 only:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/4906/

Matt