[Insight-developers] CMake variable name inconsistencies

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 3 09:18:26 EDT 2011

On 9/30/2011 6:41 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I added the Module_ITKV3_Compatibility module and logic. I do not know
> how to have the module option turn on the ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY flag.
> Therefore, I put out the error message.

The reason that Module_ITKV3Compatibility disappears when you turn on
ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY is because

   Modules/Compatibility/V3Compatibility/itk-module.cmake

has this code:

   if(NOT ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY)
     set(EXCLUDE_IT "EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL")
   else()
     set(EXCLUDE_IT "")
   endif()

Therefore once the option is ON then ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES takes over
and hides the option (since it is no longer an option unless one first
turns off ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES).

Do we want to support ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY without the module?  Should
we simplify the interface by just forcing the module on with that option?
We already do that for ITK_USE_REVIEW.

-Brad