[Insight-developers] Builds on Mac OS X are failing when linking libITK-Transform-4.0.1.dylib

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon May 23 12:13:12 EDT 2011

Alex,

I can confirm that the error occurs only when BUILD_SHARED is enabled.
With verbose output, the linker command is:

Linking CXX shared library ../../../../lib/libITK-Transform-4.0.dylib
cd /Users/cquammen/dev/build/ITK-Modular/Modules/Core/Transform/src &&
"/Applications/CMake 2.8-3.app/Contents/bin/cmake" -E
cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/c++    -Wall -Wno-deprecated -msse2 -g -dynamiclib
-headerpad_max_install_names   -compatibility_version 1.0.0
-current_version 1.0.0 -o ../../../../lib/libITK-Transform-4.0.1.dylib
-install_name /Users/cquammen/dev/build/ITK-Modular/lib/libITK-Transform-4.0.1.dylib
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkHDF5TransformIO.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkHDF5TransformIOFactory.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTxtTransformIO.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTxtTransformIOFactory.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTransformIOBase.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkMatlabTransformIO.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTransformFactoryBase.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTransformFileWriter.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTransformFileReader.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkMatlabTransformIOFactory.cxx.o
CMakeFiles/ITK-Transform.dir/itkTransformIOFactory.cxx.o
../../../../lib/libitkhdf5-4.0.1.dylib
../../../../lib/libitkhdf5_cpp-4.0.1.dylib
../../../../lib/libitkhdf5-4.0.1.dylib -lm
../../../../lib/libitkzlib-4.0.1.dylib

I'm currently trying out adding ITK-Common_LIBRARIES to the linker
command and will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Cory