[Insight-developers] HDF5 failing to compile with gcc3.4

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:31:47 EDT 2011

Now I remember that thread. We should ask again.

Gaetan, I believe this is happening on one of your machines. Can you
try Brad's suggestion?

He suggested:
"
Try adding

 #include <stddef.h>

in the #ifdef H5_STDC_HEADERS block of H5private.h.
"

"Can anyone with access to a 64-bit sun machine please look at this error?
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1113171
H5private.h:757: error: syntax error before "h5_stat_size_t"

The line in question is

        typedef off64_t             h5_stat_size_t;

It is guarded by a H5_SIZEOF_OFF64_T==8 preprocessor test but somehow
the test for off64_t and the system headers that have been included
by this line are inconsistent.

Thanks,

-Brad"