[Insight-developers] imageToImageFilter exception

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:32:04 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm aware of the recent verification that input images occupy the same physical
space for derivative classes of the ImageToImageFilter.  Although I can see
where it should be the default behavior, it doesn't seem like it should be a
universal requirement for all cases.   Specifically, for the
itkHistogramMatchingImageFilter, it seems to me that this physical
space requirement is not relevant if all I want to do is make sure that the
intensity histograms between two images match.   Is there a way to write
an explicit exemption for certain cases, i.e. something in the constructor
like

this->SetRequiredNumberOfInputs( 2 );
this->SetInputVerification( false );

Thanks,