[Insight-developers] function to compare image information?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jul 19 16:37:33 EDT 2011

Hello,

The recent addition you are likely thinking of is the ImageToImageFilter::VerifyInputInformation method.

It implements its own version of comparing Spacing Origin and Direction. It utilizes some vnl methods for tolerant comparisons. Jim Miller implemented it used those as I have never seen them before myself.

I would very much be in favor have having a method ( some place ), which performs this comparison. It would be very beneficial to have this done in a central location too. And when it's implemented VerifyInputInformation should use it as well.

ImageBase seems like a sensible location for the method to me. What method name and parameters are you thinking about?

Brad