[Insight-developers] function to compare image information?

M Stauffer (V) mstauff at verizon.net
Tue Jul 19 15:12:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a method or class to test whether the image information
(buffered region, spacing, direction, origin) is the same between two
image, within some epsilon. Is there something already?

If I need to make my own, should I put it in ImageBase, where I see
CopyInformation?

And is there an ITK-way I should do a comparison within epsilon? I
remember seeing some discussion about this on the list recently, but it
didn't seem settled.

Our goal is to be able to compare the domains of a deformation field and
an image to decide when we can do some optimized transformations. That
is, when the domains are the same, we can perform transformation over an
input domain more quickly.

Thanks.

-M