[Insight-developers] CableSwig Decoupling

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Jan 25 14:46:27 EST 2011

Le 25 janv. 11 à 15:09, Brad King a écrit :

> On 01/23/2011 09:18 AM, Johnson, Hans J wrote:
>> ITK-Developers,
>>
>> I'm trying to identify what is needed to build ITK with the new
>> wrapping.  Based on Gaetan's comments,
>> "The use of stand-alone swig instead of CableSwig, the tool created
>> to wrap
>>                  ITK. This decreases the developing maintenance, and
>> makes the connection
>>                  with other tool wrapped with swig easier. Note that
>> two tool packaged with
>>                 CableSwig are still needed — gccxml and cableidx —
>> that's why you still have to
>>                 install CableSwig package to build WrapITK. ",
>>
>> I was wondering if the current CableSwig package components could be
>> de-coupled from one another so that only the necessary parts
>> (gccxml and
>> cableidx) are downloaded and compiled.
>
> The gccxml project has always been separate:  http://www.gccxml.org
>
> Gaëtan, why is cableidx still needed?

IIRC, it is still needed to convert the full typename - with all the
template parameters, even the ones which may not have been provided
during the instantiation because the have a default value - to the
name used in wrapped language.

So wrapping still needs gccxml and cableidx, but not cableswig.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)