[Insight-developers] un-expected windows problem on the "master" branch of ITK

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Aug 5 16:35:21 EDT 2011

I to

On 8/5/2011 3:10 PM, Johnson, Hans J wrote:
> All the windows builds are now failing after a gerrit-merge that I did
> earlier today. The gerrit robots indicated that this should have build
> cleanly, but clearly it did not for windows.
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1400944
>
> 72>..\..\..\..\..\ITK-Gerrit\Modules\Core\Common\test\itkLoggerThreadWrapperTest.cxx(97)
> : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier
> 'ThreadedGenerateLogMessages2'
>
> I would be very grateful for any help in resolving these windows issues
> with this patch set (Hopefully yet today before the nightly's kick in).
> I have no way of debuggging this weird windows error. It is as if the
> ITK_THREAD_RETURN_TYPE is not being set.
>
> Perhaps in Modules/Core/Common/include/itkThreadSupport
> ITK_USE_WIN32_THREADS is not being defined.

Well, for starters, ALL of the include files are skipped in this file
when using the MS compiler:

--------itkLoggerThreadWrapperTest.cxx-----
#if defined(_MSC_VER)
    //Warning about: identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the
debug information (MVC6.0 Debug)
#pragma warning( disable : 4786 )
#endif
#if ! defined(_MSC_VER) //NOTE: This class does not work under MSVS6

#include "itkLoggerThreadWrapper.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include "itkStdStreamLogOutput.h"
#include "itkLoggerBase.h"

I tried adding them back in, and it got further, but not so far...

1>itkLoggerThreadWrapperTest.cxx
1>..\..\..\..\..\ITK\Modules\Core\Common\test\itkLoggerThreadWrapperTest.cxx(116)
: error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not
support default-int
1>..\..\..\..\..\ITK\Modules\Core\Common\test\itkLoggerThreadWrapperTest.cxx(116)
: error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'

I am not sure how this worked as a Gerrit branch.  Did this file get
added to the CMakeLists for the test on the gerrit branch?  However, it
seems far from working on windows... :(

-Bill