[Insight-developers] CoSMoTest-Mac Darwin-c++-4.2-i386 : Test Failures

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:09:06 EDT 2011

It looks like, from the dashboard, that all the java, python, and tcl
tests are failing on that machine, not just the one. That suggests to
me that the problem is not necessarily in the flags, but that
something is getting built in 64 bits and something else is getting
built in 32.  Setting -32 is forcing everything to a 32 bit code path,
but then the 64 bit and the ppc versions won't get tested.

Since all three are getting built on that one machine (32, 64, ppc),
and the 32 is failing, but the other darwin test machine
(cmac.jouy.inra.fr) is just fine in 32 bits, I think that this might
be an assumption being made in the cmake file that everything is
pointing to the same install/build directory.

To get around this problem when building vtk and gdcm with java
wrapping for i386, x64, and macosx x64 targets for the same
application, I've had to:
1) build everything distinct from one another in different cmake build
results _and_ different install directories
2) place the compilation results into a new 'testing' directory where
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set essentially to "."
3) make sure that all the backend c++ libraries are synced to the
front end java calls.  Since java can be called with no problem from
any platform, it can be very tricky to track down which C++ library
it's calling in the background.

Is there any way to determine which exact jni library is being called
from Java?  I basically had to follow the above process because I
couldn't find an easy answer to that question.

Mark