[Insight-developers] Sun Compiler Help

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Jul 28 22:19:16 EDT 2010

Hello,

On the last T-Con, there was a developer that was supporting the Sun
compiler.  Sorry, but I don¹t remember who that was.

Could you please help me figure out how to check for an ansi98  c++
compiler?

#if defined(__SUNPRO_CC) && (__SUNPRO_CC <= 0x540)
#error "__SUNPRO_CC <= 0x540 not supported under ITKv4"
#endif
#if defined(__SVR4) && !defined(__SUNPRO_CC)
#error "__SRV4 __SUNPRO_CC <= 0x540 not supported under ITKv4"
#endif

Is the compiler that you are using on the the new Sun computers still called
the __SUNPRO_CC, and if so, what version of that compiler is it?  (I thought
you stated that it was version 11).

There are some conditionals that change the behavior of debugging statements
due to incompatibilities of the sunpro 5 series c++ compilers, and I would
like to simplify the code by removing those.

Thanks,
Hans
--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.