[Insight-developers] ITK CVS ->Git

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Jul 23 14:11:27 EDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 11:50 AM, Brad King wrote:

>  (e.2) Update the dashboard client scripts.  For VTK (and CMake)
>  we now use a "vtk_common.cmake" ("cmake_common.cmake") dashboard
>  script helper.  It contains the main dashboard client logic to
>  keep machine-specific scripts small.  This is an opportunity to
>  simplify all our scripts by creating "itk_common.cmake".

When I was updating my CMake, VTK, and ParaView dashboard scripts for
the git transition I was unable to use the common.cmake scripts and do
both the build and the testing in parallel.

If ITK moves to a common CMake script it would be nice if it supported
parallel testing.

( It's really wild to see parallel VTK tests rendered to a desktop that
fades windows in and out.)