[Insight-developers] Utilities and the ITK_INSTALL_NO_DEVELOPMENT flag

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:42:05 EDT 2010

Hi again,

last time, I forgot to send my reply to the list so it ended up with
Luis only. Let me quickly recap my reply.

Regarding the first argument of using the build tree, it is possible
but I would prefer this to work with regular installs, too. It will
also increase a bit the level of consistency because ITK is already
installing third party libraries as itktiff, itkzlib, etc. So why not
do that for itkjpeg and maybe openjpeg.

Regarding the second argument the problem is that (at least as far as
I know) there are no system libs for png, jpeg, tiff, etc on Windows.
It would surprise me if I had overseen them till today.

Now for a little background. I am trying to build a lib (openslide)
for which I created CMake files. This library depends on many of your
third party libraries (the usual suspects) and since ITK offers a
CMake configuration for all those libraries it seems very convenient
to be able to use them.

I have finally found some time to look at ITK's CMake configuration
and created a patch which does exactly what I would like to see. I
tried to follow closely your method for installing tiff & co and hope
I properly cloned the installation procedure.

In case you could consider integrating this (or a variation of it) in
a future it would be great.

Regards,
Hauke