[Insight-developers] patch to reduce memory leaks in itkKdTree

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Feb 4 15:09:52 EST 2010

Hi Simon,

Thanks for contributing this patch.

I'm having problems compiling it with the ITK Test suite.

It seems the statements that were added:

 	  this->m_PartitionValue.Clear();
 	  this->m_WeightedCentroid.Clear();
 	  this->m_Centroid.Clear();
 	  this->m_InstanceIdentifier.Clear();

make sense only when the MeasurementType
implements a "Clear()" method, which is something
that can't be assumed for types such as

   itk::Array
   itk::FixedArray
   std::vector

We are therefore holding on this part of the
patch.

The other two parts of it have been committed.

Could you please let us know in what scenario
(what specific template instantiation) did you find
the calls to "Clear()" to be necessary   ?

     Thanks