[Insight-developers] patch to reduce memory leaks in itkKdTree

Simon Warfield simon.warfield at childrens.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:28:52 EST 2010

Dear Luis,

  Xavier has created this patch which reduces memory leaks when using an
itkKdTree.
  I would appreciate it if you could apply it to the code base.

  On a design issue, on line 393 of itkKdTree.h the distance metric used
by the KdTree is hardcoded.
  I suggest to modify the distance metric to be a template parameter,
with a default equal to the current hard coded metric.
  This would allow for a KdTree to be used with alternative distance
metrics without having to copy the code and change the hard coded line.

--
Simon