[Insight-developers] default template parameters to Chan and Vese filters easier to use and to wrap

Kishore Mosaliganti kishoreraom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:30:52 EST 2010

Hi Gaëtan,

I wanted to add some further comments on the two classes.

The UnconstrainedRegionBasedLevelSetFunctionSharedData class ensures that
when we compute the multiphase levelset update, we consider all levelset
functions for interactions.

The ConstrainedRegionBasedLevelSetFunctionSharedData class considers only
adjacent levelset functions thereby speeding up the iterative process.

In our application, where we have thousands of cells, the latter is very
useful. However, a user may feel the former approach more useful to do other
optimizations or new features.

Kishore