[Insight-developers] [Insight-users] VXL : Toms library : ACM Copyright : non-commercial license

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 2 10:59:29 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Xiaofeng Z <xf10036 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> 1. ITK itself provides a CVS repository, bugtracker, mailing list, etc.
>> 2. The parts used in ITK *are* tested (to the extent ITK itself is
>> tested).
>>

> That's not necessary good enough.  What if someone embedded a time bomb in
> the code.  Unlikely, but not impossible.

That's exactly my point.

ITK Testing shouldn't be a replacement for the
proper testing of the underlying Mathematical Libraries.

and...

without going to the dramatic scenario of Time Bombs...

    (...some is watching too much TV here...)        :-)

         ...a more realistic concern
         is simply that it is BUGGY code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

       "Never attribute to malice that which
        can be adequately explained by stupidity."

    We are talking about code that has not
    been tested formally since the 80's !!!