[Insight-developers] Direct commits versus gerrit-merge

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 23:34:50 EST 2010

David,

The proper way to move an approved topic from gerrit to master is with the
git gerrit-merge
command as described here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop

You should not directly commit to master.

BTW, the file Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkBresenhamLineTest.cxx:85:2:
warning: no newline at end of file

I'm not sure what editor you use, but usually there is a setting to
guarantee an newline at the end  of file. We used to have a commit
hook to prevent checkins that did not have a newline at the end of
file but it seems with git we don't have that.

Bill