[Insight-developers] Pushing to the same Gerrit patch number

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:58:49 EST 2010

> That results in 2 because it's 2 git commits.

On the GitVTKCheatSheet.pdf, it says "Respond to review: 'git rebase -i
HEAD~3', 'git gerrit-push' ". I guess this is the part I don't follow. Why
do you have to rebase here? Why can't you just commit the change like normal
(i.e. instead of the rebase+push why isn't it just a commit+push?) ? Also,
don't you have to rebase+commit+push (i.e. the rebase kind of "undoes"
things, and you need to put them back together before pushing)?

How about another git alias so you can do:

1) // change files in response to review
2) git gerrit-PushNextPatch

that does whatever it needs to do to do this without all of the headache?

David