[Insight-developers] Dashboard: Looking at Valgrind

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 16 15:44:13 EST 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 3:10 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Here is the summary of valgrind builds from clownfish
> since December first.:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&date=2010-12-14&filtercount=3&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=clownfish&field2=hasdynamicanalysis/bool&compare2=0&value2=&field3=buildstarttime/date&compare3=83&value3=december%201%202010
>
> I believe that this machine is doing different sections
> of the toolkit on different days, so comparing one day
> to the next may not be representing a real increase or
> decrease in the number of issues.

Well looking at the valgrind errors from night to night, they appear to be the same tests each day... so either they are all getting executed each night or the same ones run each night.

As clownfish and brian.jouy report mostly all of the same test failures with valgrind each night, I'd hope that they are running complete tests, or else we are missing a significant about of valgrind checking!

brian.jouy appears to be running most of the tests each night:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&date=2010-12-14&filtercount=3&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=clownfish&field2=hasdynamicanalysis/bool&compare2=0&value2=&field3=buildstarttime/date&compare3=83&value3=december%201%202010

I thought that when parallel ctest with the "-j" flag was added then valgrind builds were able to complete the testing of the entire toolkit  in a reasonable time.

I am not sure what clownfish is doing with such few tests being run each night, on the main part of the dashboard.

Brad

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov