[Insight-developers] What became of the instructions for Updating Testing/Data?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Dec 14 15:13:12 EST 2010

On 12/14/2010 02:29 PM, Nicholas Tustison wrote:
> I'm assuming that only selected developers with authorized access can
> submit data to the testing submodule, correct?

Correct.

> The reason I ask is that I keep getting this error
>
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/index.php?title=ITK/Git&oldid=33403#The_remote_end_hung_up_unexpectedly
>
> despite having set the pushurl as indicated.   Also indicative would be that the authentication testing given at
>
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Git/Publish#Authentication_Test
>
> yields "Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)" even after using the '-v' flag.

Yes, only those with upstream itk.org push access can do that.  It's the
same permissions as required for merging a topic upstream:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop#Merge_a_Topic

> is there another mechanism to submit data to the Testing/Data submodule?

Currently there is not a good way for non-core developers to do this.
At Kitware we're working on some infrastructure that could remedy the
situation.  Until then, please ask on the mailing list for a developer
to add the data for you.  You can arrange transmission of the data to
a developer by other means.

-Brad