[Insight-developers] Adding Streaming Visible Human Examples

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 20 09:43:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

	I wish to add the two example I wrote for the April Issue of "Kitware
Source" to Insight's Examples directory. So I am proposing adding the
following:

Examples/IO/VisibleHumanStreamReadWrite.cxx
	This illustrates how to read the Visible Male, and how to use IO
streaming to process a 16GB data set using only 50MB of memory.

Examples/IO/VisibleHumanPasteWrite.cxx
	Which primarily show how to utilized pasting streaming to an output
image.

Also another CMake variable will be need to point to this data:
ITK_VISIBLEHUMAN_DATA_ROOT

Does the naming for these items sound good?
Also where is the CMake file to make the example a test too?

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for